It is the mission of the Sault Ste. Marie Social Housing Application Centre (Application Centre) to ensure that people have equal opportunity and ease of access to the waiting lists of all members of the Sault Ste. Marie Social Housing Application Centre. Members consist of Local Non-Profits, Co-Ops and the Sault Ste. Marie Housing Corporation.
A copy of the Sault Ste. Marie Social Housing Application Package is available by clicking on the link provided below. Please print the application form and submit to the Housing Programs Division at:
Sault Ste. Marie Social Housing Application Centre
180 Brock Street
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Phone: (705) 759-7748
SSM SOCIAL HOUSING APPLICATION CENTRE APPLICATION PACKAGE
When preparing your Social Housing application form please remember:
1. When your application is received, it will be reviewed to ensure it is complete.
2. You will receive written notification stating whether or not your application is complete.
3. You will be given 10 days to respond to an incomplete notice, and after such time your application will be cancelled. It is very important that you can be contacted at the phone number(s) you have provided.
4. You must state all sources of income for those in your household and provide proof of each, including last year's income tax return (if previous years taxes have not been filed, verification is required from the Canada Revenue Agency).
5. If you are applying for Special Needs/Modified Housing, you must complete the entire application including Appendix A.
6. Verification of all income and assets will be required before an application can be processed.
For property owners this includes:
· realtor appraisals of unsold properties
· proof of reasonable efforts to sell property
For Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program recipients this includes:
· a copy of your drug or dental card
· and cheque stub will also be required.
For Part-time custody parents this includes:
· legal verification or a 'Notarized' document verifying overnight joint custody.
7. A Co-Applicant is any household member 16 years of age or older.
PLEASE BE ADVISED INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE RETAINED.
Housing Application Form (PDF)