You may be eligible for Rent-Geared-To-Income (RGI) Housing if:
1. You are 16 years of age or older
2. You are:
· a Canadian Citizen
· a landed immigrant
· or a refugee claimant
3. No member of the household:
· owes arrears of rent to any Social Housing provider
· owes money to previous Social Housing providers
· has been convicted of an offence regarding the receipt of RGI assistance
· has misrepresented their income for the purpose of RGI
4. All RGI tenants / members are required to pursue all possible sources of income such as:
· Ontario Works
· Child Support
· Employment Insurance
· Immigration Sponsorship Support
5. Meet the RGI financial needs criteria
6. A Senior is a person 60 years of age or older or will be 60 years of age within 12 months of date of application.
MAKING A REQUEST FOR SPECIAL PRIORITY
Victim of Domestic Violence Abuse is the only special priority taken into consideration in applying for social housing.
See Application Form - Definition: Special Priority Household
For more information about Special Priority please Click here.
PLEASE NOTE: Documents provided to the Application Centre to determine special priority status will be shredded unless you request otherwise.